- This is a new permanent role in a well established insurance firm
- This person will have credit risk experience in a bank or insurer
About Our Client
My client is a leading insurance business. This role is based in the City of London.
The Credit & Political Risk Analyst will be responsible for:
- Help to build, enhance and maintain pricing, aggregation and all analytical models.
- Ensure that sound credit risk monitoring frameworks are implemented and maintained and are conveyed to each member of the Political Risk & Credit team.
- Undertake detailed financial analysis and forward looking projections/ stress testing and scenario analysis of new and renewal transactions for Sovereigns, Corporates & Financial Institutions.
- Produce concise and well-written analysis of risks reviewed.
- Provide recommendations for credit limits and manage internal credit ratings and limits across the portfolio.
- Review and summarise political and macroeconomic and country-specific conditions to support the underwriting of political risk transactions.
- Actively participate in various transaction related meetings, including internal meetings to discuss risks being reviewed or risks currently written.
- Attend meetings, calls etc. where requested by underwriting
- Proactively monitor the Political Risk & Credit portfolio to ensure ongoing robust assessment of existing credit exposure.
- Monitor political, legal, socio-economic and regulatory developments in countries where the firm have underwritten risk and identify issues that may require further analysis or action. Create and maintain a forward-looking calendar of significant events in countries of interest where we have exposure.
- Prepare regular portfolio reviews and updates for the underwriting team and management, highlighting key portfolio trends and risks.
- Ensure deteriorating obligor trends are timely identified and work jointly with underwriters and where appropriate Claims to manage problem credits and/or workout situations.
- Grow the team's analytical skills and business knowledge, sharing subject matter expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate.
- Work and liaise with our actuarial, pricing and exposure management teams.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Credit & Political Risk Analyst will have:
- Strong analytical skills, including credit, financial institution and sovereign risk analysis
- Knowledge of global economic and political affairs
- Robust, resilient and able to cope well under pressure.
- Willingness to take ownership of the role and to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work and proactively contribute to a team environment
What's on Offer
This is a permanent Credit & Political Risk Analyst role based in the City of London.