Credit Risk Analyst
This is a new permanent position with a leading international bank
This person will be part of the Credit Risk Policy & Operation Supervisory team
About Our Client
My client is an international bank. This role is based in London.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide practical solutions to all staff of EMEA on how to apply the bank's credit policy and rules in day to day business (100-150 inquiries monthly). Maintain the FAQ knowledge database so that the known questions & answers can be utilised effectively across the bank. Make sure open questions are processed and closed in timely manner and any follow-up action is escalated to the senior level
- Assess in and challenge the design of management framework and reporting processes. Recommending and implementing changes to framework as appropriate.
- Conduct robust root cause analyses across the bank on identified risk events or complaints to recommend improvements regarding the bank's rule, procedure, sprinting IT system and application process. Produce thematic analysis on incidents to propose a new rule/ procedure to the relevant department.
- Manage system change projects
- Ensure that the department has adequate written policies and procedures in place with appropriate governance over responsible areas of the department
- Take ownership for the timely remediation of findings raised in the operation review, first line of defence functions or third line of defence functions and working with Operation Management function of Credit Risk Policy and Operation Supervisory team to ensure that issues are appropriately resolved to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide training to all levels of risk functions in the bank in the area of bank's Credit Risk Management Framework in close corroboration with relevant departments.
- Work in partnership with enabling functions in the Bank to ensure that controls are adequately identified and monitored.
- Demonstrate commitment and attention to delivering an excellent service from the Policy & Operation Supervisory team
The Successful Applicant
The successful Credit Risk Analyst will have:
- Good understanding of Credit Risk Policy, Rules and Procedures
- Relevant experience with the financial industry and related markets gained within an environment where an operational risk process has been developed
- Experience of producing analytical reporting and/or official procedure manuals for global organisations
- Excellent team worker with providing support and oversight of risk management frameworks, being comfortable with communicating with various levels in organisations
- Expert with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access). SQL knowledge is advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, intellectually curious and collaborative, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proved track record of working with projects in global organisations
- Undergraduate's degree(s) with an analytical focus
What's on Offer
This is a permanent AVP level role based in London.