International Legal Firm
CRM Manager , Permanent, based in Liverpool
About Our Client
A leading international full service law firm working with the most dynamic clients across the globe. A forward thinking firm with a strong blend across local commercial, industry and cultural knowledge to drive a proactive and integrated solution for their clients.
The CRM Manager will be focused on successfully using InterAction as a proactive client database and business development tool. As the CRM Manager you will be focused and passionate about driving the firms CRM vision, and raising awareness of the benefits of its uses across the firm. The CRM Manager will work closely with business development teams and practise groups to analyse data for new business opportunities.
- Act as the CRM champion of client data
- Develop initiatives to encourage the increase in use of InterAction across the firm and communicate the benefits to users
- Engage with stakeholders to embed InterAction as a vital business development and marketing tool
- Ensure client data is used to its full potential, designing and producing reports that are insightful for fee-earners and business development teams
- Manage the implementation process by working with our IT department and develop training alongside our in-house IT training team
- Measure the impact and efficiency of e-marketing activities
- Manage the relationship with the external data stewarding team to ensure data administration tasks are carried out effectively including, data cleansing, data management and any project specific requirements
- Provide guidance and best practice to the Marketing and Business Development teams who regularly use InterAction in their role
- Build relationships with key suppliers (e.g. Lexis Nexis) and other relevant industry contacts
- Keep updated on industry developments in the fields of database management and e-marketing in professional services
The Successful Applicant
The successful CRM Manager:
- Must have significant experience of working with InterAction, ideally within the legal sector
- Be confident and credible in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Will have excellent communication skills, ability to influence and persuade.
- Will be confident in taking ownership of driving change in a partnership, with innovative thinking
- Will have a proactive and have 'can do' approach
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Solution oriented
- Strong project management skills, well organised and disciplined with the ability to manage conflicting timescales and priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail
What's on Offer
Salary up to £55,000 plus benefits.