Customer Support Consultant - Design
Working with a growing company within the software industry
Working for a company who will push to develop you internally
About Our Client
We are proud to be partnering with Causeway Technologies Ltd, the UK's largest provider of specialist software for construction and related industries. Causeway's technology makes the difference by accelerating digital transformation in the construction, infrastructure and maintenance industries. Causeway supports thousands of companies to affect millions of lives every day. Causeway's vision is to create amazing technology to help their customers build a better world. As a Causeway employee you will fully embrace and embody their five core values - Be Curious, Own It, Work Together, Be Proud, Wow Everyone.
- To provide professional and effective services to internal and / or external customers, to meet customer expectations, particularly in terms of Quality and Timeliness in line with departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
- To build effective relationships with customers both internally and externally, and carry out internal activities as part of the support team.
- To keep accurate records of discussions with customers, within the company customer support database.
- To deal effectively with all support calls, investigating and responding to queries and progressing to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
- To manage and respond to customer communications in a professional and courteous manner.
- To communicate courteously with internal and / or external customers by telephone, email and face to face, building positive relationships, investigating, responding to and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
- To speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
Responsiveness and Efficiency
- To provide application and end-user support to customers for Causeway software products.
- To be responsible for all assigned support calls and provide updates ensuring efficiency and accountability.
- To plan and prioritise work activities across areas of responsibility and to provide visibility of any delivery / task completion issues to the Group Customer Support Manager or other managers whose activities may be affected.
Monitoring and Escalation
- To provide detailed information to escalate issues to other departments including the Development Team and Professional Services.
- To provide detailed information to escalate issues to any third party provider as required.
- To ensure access to customer servers for upgrades / fixes and any support activities to comply to agreed Terms and Conditions provided.
- To work as part of a team to achieve the departmental standards.
- To work together with other departments and divisions within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability.
- To deal appropriately with customer queries by ensuring a good understanding of Causeway products and services supported by the department.
- To ensure that a good level of understanding and knowledge of organisations products and services, which is improved and maintained at all times, ensuring that customer queries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately and supported by the department.
- To take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives.
- To be willing to listen to and support colleagues and team members with professional problems, devoting time to impart expertise, infusing confidence and expressing positive expectations regarding the team's and company's performance.
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
The Successful Applicant
Essential Skills and Competencies
- A passion for customer service (internal and external), with a focus on the overall customer experience.
- A confident communicator (both verbal and written) with a personable and professional manner and the ability to interact and relate to people at all levels, customers and suppliers and build strong working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, articulate and with a good, clear telephone manner.
- A good team player with a flexible approach, possessing a strong commitment to customer experience excellence.
- A high level of accuracy, numeracy and attention to detail with the ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- Proven ability to work under own initiative to agreed standards with evidence of consistent finishing of tasks
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, good time management and the ability to remain calm under pressure, with the ability to manage workloads in a fast paced environment.Excellent working knowledge of how to operate MS office products.
- Experience of working in a similar software application support team or customer facing support role essential.
- An analytical background, including data integrity management skills.
- Willingness to continuously develop own knowledge and skills and share knowledge with colleagues for the benefit of others and the organisation.
- Educated to at least A-level standard or equivalent.
- Civil Engineer or Technician with experience of CAD Software
- A good understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of Agile and Lean principles
- Previous experience of supporting business systems
- An IT background within the following industries / disciplines; Construction, Highways, Cost Accounting or Finance
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and award-winning benefits.