- An exicting opportunity for an expert in air & road freight customs compliance..
- Excellent potential to progress to a directorship level in Birmingham...
About Our Client
Our client is a £105 million turnover business specialising in intregrated freight solutions based out of their hub in Birmingham. You will be joining the business at a pinnacle time whereby they have just gained an investment of £21 million to grow their operations. Their services focus mainly around the automotive and manufacturing spaces with regular and ad-hoc services across the world!
As a Customs Compliance Manager you will report into the Operations Director on a daily basis and be observed as the expert in your field. You will also conduct the following responsibilities:
- Managing a team of 8x expert customs compliance agents and co-ordinators
- To ensure full compliance (entering through to audit) of Customs Documentation for Air & Road freight shipments
- Utilising knowledge of customs tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations to ensure shipment are cleared in a timely manner.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements especially with new processes brought upon by Brexit. The ideal candidate will have a customs background in either road, air or sea freight and a good knowledge of customs systems, HMRC regimes and query resolution.
- To advise the business and generate plans to mitigate the risks and take opportunities from Brexit and other geo political and legislative change.
- To ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Customs Compliance Manager will be a leader and expert in the world of customs compliance. You will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years experience in Customs Compliance
- Ability to quickly clear both Road & Air Freight Shipments.
- A strong physical understanding of software such as ASM, an understanding of CPC codes, Customs Tariffs and Security Declarations.
- Freight forwarding experience would be desirable.
- Commutable to Birmingham.
- An understanding of the post-Brexit environment
- Formal qualification in the Customs / Freight arena would be advantageous.
- AEO Knowledge would be desirable.
What's on Offer
- 33 days annual leave
- 8% matched pension
- 15% management bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Option of company car allowance