My client is a successful global logistics provider looking to expand its team
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
About Our Client
My client specialises in road, air and ocean freight and is one of the worlds leading logistics providers.
As a customs operative you will play an important role in the wider customs team. Based in Basildon, key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the shipping of equipment and parts through approved carriers in order to meet customer delivery expectations.
- Process sales orders, dispatch and shipping documentation via carrier specific systems.
- Liaise and advise internally and externally on matters of delivery, cost and shipping related queries.
- Where necessary, expedite, reroute and provide proof of delivery to meet customer's requirements.
- Liaise with clients before, during and after orders are dispatched.
- Liaise with customs and clients for clearance of goods, import/export and request of documentation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will live within a commuting distance of Basildon and will have experience in the following areas:
- Customs legislation and import/export documentation.
- Freight Forwarding.
- Experience in maintaining customer and client relationships.
- Administration skills with a good understanding of Excel.
- Proven effective people management coupled with strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication and influencing skills.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits including working from home.