This is an opportunity to expand and develop your skills within Road Freight
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
About Our Client
My client is a leading logistics business based near Thurrock who specialise in air, road and sea freight.
The successful candidate will join my clients business near Thurrock and undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Working as part of a small team in providing a daily Import and Export service to their substantial road freight client base.
- Receiving and managing supplier Import & Export consignments, preparing documents in line with customs guidelines and keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and procedures.
- Key contact for Customs matters and to support clients and internal training of staff.
- Communicating daily with overseas agents and the International fleet to ensure a clear understanding of UK customs regulations/procedures.
- Contacting customers on a daily basis and booking collection and delivery orders with a key focus on guidance concerning relevant up to date documentation requirements Pre-Brexit and post.
- Daily contact with our various customs agency partners and to build up a strong relationship and process to be rolled out through the operation.
- Familiar with a UK own fleet operation and experience of dealing with various local hubs/locations.
- Collating operational KPIS for customers as required and sharing weekly/monthly reports.
- Invoicing and costing shipments and trips and understanding service rates.
- General forwarding, obtaining new business through client contacts and recommending our other services to help build networks and other opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will leave within a commuting distance to Thurrock and will have the following skills and attributes:
- Prior experience of European Road Freight and UK operations.
- IT System knowledge using in house freight systems SGA NET, RDS,as well as standard programs such as Outlook, Skype, Word, Excel.
- Reporting for client.
- Knowledge or awareness of Health and Safety ( information to be shared by the management line ).
- Familiar with Customs Formalities related to Import and Export Freight and to be confident in training and sharing knowledge internally within the team.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.