- Exceptional growth opportunities in a stable environment
- A niche logistics company offering a broad range of freight services
About Our Client
We have partnered with a global freight forwarder offering a niche service and a comprehensive range of services to a wide range of clients. They offer a stable working environment with a lot of opportunity to grow. When new roles become available, they always look internally.
As a Customs Supervisor you will have excellent knowledge around Import Customs Compliance. You will report into the Customs Manager.
The role covers the following responsibilities:
- Collect all shipping documentation on a daily basis to UK Customs Requirements.
- Ensure shipments tracked and documents correctly to comply with requirements.
- Follow up with customer and Freight Forwarders to obtaining missing documentation in a timely manner
- To stay up to date with current legislation and import documentation requirements to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the team is compliant with all documentation needed for import shipments
- Ensure entries are captured accurately to eliminate any extra charges
- To communicate with the Chamber of Commerce to apply for attested documents as per shipping requirements of products being shipped.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered, you should have:
- Experience in the freight industry
- Experience in a supervisor role
- Experience in import compliance within a freight-forwarding company
- Perishables experience would be an advantage
- Experience with ATR1 and EUR1's.
- Fluent in HAWB / MAWB and / or Seaway Bills of Laden.
- Experience of Letter of Credit, Export Packing Documentation, Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origins etc.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary £40 000 - £50 000
21 Days Leave