- A market leading FinTech provider with strong growth ambitions.
- Hands-on role with exposure to the latest technologies.
About Our Client
A Leading FinTech provider with growth ambitions and a fantastic culture.
Providing ground-breaking technology to the financial services industry.
- You will deliver a top analytics service to the UK market, servicing existing and new customers with excellent communication skills and a strong grounding in statistics. No two days are the same working in a dynamic market. You will work proactively with an inquisitive mindset to stay ahead of the curve and deliver a high-quality service.
- You will have responsibility for the analytics infrastructure to ensure smooth running of existing operations, working closely with our database operations team to ensure all services are delivered in line with SLAs. You will draw from a strong technical background to optimise data feeds for growth, applying indexing/partitioning effectively, and continuously optimising processes and dashboards. You will feed data requirements into new projects to enhance our data stores.
- You will have a strong understand of data regulations to ensure the delivery of a compliant service.
- You will build reports to support the delivery of insight back to the internal business. You will build relationships across the company to ensure data-driven decisions are taken at all levels.
- You will support finance with timely reporting, with a particular focus around month end.
- You will develop processes that are scalable, automating wherever possible, and providing clear and repeatable documentation.
The Successful Applicant
- Technically able: We're looking for individuals with a strong technical background within the Microsoft BI stack: demonstrable experience working with SQL, SSRS and Power BI/DAX. Experience building ETL processes using SSIS or other technologies would be advantageous.
- Experienced: We need somebody who can hit the ground running, drawing from a broad experience in data analysis within a business context. If you have experience in financial services, even better.
- Numerate: Insurance is a world driven by numbers; you will ideally have a degree level qualification in Maths/Statistics. Machine learning experience would be an advantage.
- Passionate: We love what we do and championing a data-driven culture is key to our success.
- Visionary: We need somebody who can see past the day-to-day, to ensure we are working towards the data landscape of tomorrow.
- Customer Focused: Everything we do is for our customers; you need to work closely with customers, listening, challenging and delivering.
- Self-Starter Driven by your passion to unlock the insights within data, you will be responsible for managing your own workload to deliver innovative solutions within customer timescales.
- Strong mathematical background to degree level is essential
- Experience of using SQL to perform advanced data analysis is essential
- Experience of building data models and dashboards in PowerBI/DAX would be an advantage
- Experience in SSRS/SSIS/SSAS would be an advantage
- Experience of R programming would be an advantage
What's on Offer
- Up to £45,000
- Innovative, inclusive and focused environment
- Flexible working
- Work/life balance
- New, contemporary, open-plan office space
- Company matched pension benefits
- Generous Life and Critical Illness Cover
- Perkbox membership (discounts and freebies)
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Well stocked kitchen of free soft drinks, tea, coffee and fruit
- An annual wellness allowance to keep you happy and healthy