6 month contract Data Analyst role for central government
Work with large amounts of crucial Data to save lives!
About Our Client
My client is a central government function in the Public Sector and Government industry
The successful candidate for the 6-month contract Data Analyst role will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Lead the development and deployment of reproducible analytics pipelines, best practice dataops /data engineering concepts and manipulation techniques, in collaboration with developers, analysts and data scientists, and with support and oversight from more senior colleagues.
- Take ownership of the collection, organisation, cleaning and quality assurance of data from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, reports and papers detailing the outcomes of performance insights ensuring all recommendations are practical and demonstrate impact.
- Employ best-practice concepts and principles of data integrity and engineering, taking ownership and great pride in producing, documenting, and maintaining code and data, and conducting ad hoc data exploration to support this.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this contract role the candidate must present evidence of the following -
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills - desirable Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics).
- Advanced SQL skills to extract, enrich and model data from a variety of data sources
- Proven expertise in carrying out data cleansing and data linking, with rigorous data validation and quality assurance across a variety of data types.
- Track record of best-practice data management, comfortable working with structured datasets, APIs and web based acquisition methods.
- Track record in building, deploying and maintaining data visualisation reports using tools and platforms.
- Working knowledge of statistical coding languages such as R and/or Python.
- A track record of working as a Data Analyst for Central Government functions will be a distinct advantage.
What's on Offer
The day rate for this role is between £350 to £400 per day inside of IR35