- Fantastic contract role with a business critical project
- Opportunity to extend
About Our Client
My client is an investment business in the Real Estate and Property
The successful candidate for the Data Architect - Azure 6-month contract role in London will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure robust data governance policies and procedures are in place for the ownership, maintenance and verification of all corporate data.
- Define standards for naming conventions, describing, managing & modelling data and act as the liaison between data consumers and other members of the IT department.
- Responsible for the evolution and maintenance of the data inventory and associated documentation
- Monitor data quality/data completeness and instigate improvement projects where any shortcomings are identified.
- Work with business colleagues to define and manage the enterprise master data strategy.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing & Insight teams to link the Digital Marketing environment (B2C) to the Enterprise Business Intelligence platform
- Work with the business to define performance metrics, measures, and tracks within the enterprise data warehouse.
- Ensure data conformity is in line with the businesses corporate policies, good practice and data protection legislation.
- Leading the implementation of data architectures for existing and new solutions, the development of any new data warehouses, data marts, data transformation activity and data extracts.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of self-service Business Intelligence platforms for the UK & France.
- Develop and own application interfaces tier between several critical business systems using ETL tools (e.g. Azure Data Factory) to improve data quality and internal efficiency.
- Work alongside third-party solution providers where necessary to incorporate any suggested design improvements or factors and ensure that the identified data structure is resilient and scalable.
- Be the data champion for the business, ensuring value is realised from data
- Presents positively and communicates assertively.
- Communicates confidently and constructively in different and difficult situations.
- Plans and adapts approach, using different styles to influence and resolve conflict.
- Develop a forward-thinking data architecture that aligns with the business vision and digital transformation strategy.
- Manage and build out the enterprise-level integrated data platform, allowing the business to expand our capability in this area.
- Deploy resilient Business Intelligence solutions across the business.
- Reduce manual data manipulation of data across the business through the creation of software interfaces.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Data Architect - Azure contract role the candidate must present evidence of the following -
- Demonstrable track record of working successfully in either a Data Architect or similar data-oriented role with a specific focus on data architecture and integration in a large and complex organisation.
- Broad knowledge with an in-depth understanding of data strategies, data models, ETL design & development, data-related: tooling, methods, integration, infrastructure, and security models.
- Proven track record in developing data architectures, dimensional modelling and semantic models in a complex, multi-supplier environment.
- A track record in Big Data solutions in the data analytics technology landscape.
- Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Data Model design.
- A track record of working with data quality, ingestion, and transformation tools.
- Designing complex automated ETL routines across various data repositories/services.
- Proven knowledge in Azure Dev Ops, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL and SQL Server management and administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal direction in a large, often challenging environment to influence and drive change internally and with 3rd party suppliers.
- Highly fluent in SQL, SOA and web services, writing complex SQL queries and system integration design and development
- A track record of build and management across several BI platforms (e.g. Power BI & Business Objects)
- Must have a team player work ethic and support other team members with
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and with impact to technical and non-technical audiences (translate in business terms) and handling objections and reservations where necessary.
What's on Offer
The day rate for this role is between £500 and £600 per day inside of IR35