- A growing SaaS Platform for investment Management
- Looking for a new Data Engineer to join their London team
About Our Client
Data Engineer - Fin-tech Investment PlatformThe organisation is creating a new-generation platform serving asset managers, wealth managers, product providers, banks, institutional investors, and asset owners worldwide to help them make their most important investment decisions
Data Engineer - Fin-tech Investment PlatformHow they work:
- The team run fortnightly sprints, with each engineer estimating the time needed for their tasks.
- Project managers then trust you to estimate things fairly and deliver good technical solutions; (you are not micromanaged).
- They keep a tight feedback loop and demonstrate whenever they've built something new.
- They value team contributions and encourage every person to challenge the status quo.
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Creating any new solution needed to acquire new data from providers and clients
- Designing, developing, testing, and deploying code changes to the ETL project and our APIs
- Manipulating data from a variety of sources such as SQL, MongoDB, SFTP, S3 buckets, etc.
- Contributing to the design and development of scalable and fast solutions
- Overseeing the ETL execution
The Successful Applicant
Data Engineer - Fin-tech Investment PlatformSuccessful Candidate must have:
- Knowledge of SQL and MongoDB
- Proficiency in data modelling
- Familiarity with various data formats (such as JSON and CSV) and file processing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of testing tools
- Great communication skills; approachable, articulate, confident and open-minded
- Experience interfacing with business users and understanding their requirements
- Experience with ETL applications
- Experience with AWS
- Finance knowledge (no need to be an expert, but it'll help to know some basic concepts and jargon)
What's on Offer
A basic salary of up to £70,000 plus extensive benefits including comprehensive private health-care & dental, and a generous training allowance.