- A major, well known Insurance Institution
- Looking for a new Data Engineer to join their UK team
About Our Client
Data Engineer - InsuranceThe organisation is a major Insurance Institution with offices worldwide.
Data Engineer - InsuranceAs a Senior Data Engineer within engineering, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining solutions, transforming data that can be used to help drive tactical and strategic decision making.
- Acting as a key influence in the cloud data engineering team
- Building and tuning data processing systems
- Working closely with the Head of Data Engineering to build a coherent data platform.
- Scoping, designing and building data ingestion / data egress patterns
- Working with architecture to refine designs and scope of work.
- Train and mentor junior engineers
- Working with the Datawarehouse team to create a coherent data platform in both structured and unstructured data.
The Successful Applicant
Data Engineer - InsuranceCandidate requirements:
- A passion for great software, and the timely delivery of it
- Ideally a proven experience in the following technologies:
- Data lake and data warehouse concepts
- Streaming event-driven applications and microservices
- High volume data ingestion
- Experience of using AWS / Azure
- Strong understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Knowledge of (but not necessarily experience)
- Data science models
- Data quality metric design and creation
- Data governance
- Azure cloud stack
What's on Offer
A basic salary of up to £70,000 (dependent upon experience) plus excellent company benefits
Remote/Flexible working anywhere in the UK