2 year FTC working within medicines and drug discovery space
cutting edge technology & R&D
About Our Client
We are enabling the community to reshape Medicines Discovery in the UK. We do this by championing innovative life science technology and new approaches, supporting UK innovators to succeed. We are helping to industrialise and drive the adoption of new techniques and technologies. We are driven by helping our community make their mark on the industry and patients.
The successful Data Engineer will be tasked with but not limited to:
- Developing and supporting our data scientists by building custom data extraction tools
- Integrate solutions into existing data extraction pipelines / ETL
- Working with data scientists to help package their models/algorithms into production ready software
- Work with others to successfully deploy solutions to collaborators
- Maintain excellent written records of work
The Successful Applicant
This role is suitable for a mid level or Senior Data Engineer skilled in Python applied to data manipulation. Ideally we would to see examples of where you have:
* Created and used databases e.g. relational, no-SQL, graph
* Comfortable in using Linux e.g. bash scripting
* Comfortable in building scalable data extraction pipelines is a plus e.g. microservices, RabbitMq, Apache Kafka
What's on Offer
Based in Alderley Park, south Manchester, this role is easily commutable for anybody within the the North West by Car, additionally there are great public transport links to our offices.
Our codebase is diverse, with a focus on selecting the right tool for the job. We are not afraid to refactor and adapt to meet our goals. We fail fast and iterate our way to success!
This is an opportunity to work within our R&D team, working on the next gen of drug discovery medicines.
For more information either contact me today and I can talk through the position in more detail or send you CV and I will call you in due course.