Play a key role in a vital government project to improve millions of lives!
Work with large amounts of crucial Data to save lives!
About Our Client
My client is a large central government & health-based function in the Public Sector and Government industry.
The successful candidate for the 6-month contract Data Engineer role will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Programming and build - You can design, write and iterate code from prototype to production-ready. You understand security, accessibility and version control. You can use a range of coding tools and languages.
- Technical understanding - apply the required breadth and depth of technical knowledge.
- Testing - You can plan, design, manage, execute and report tests, using appropriate tools and techniques, and work within regulations. You know how to ensure that risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented
- Problem resolution - log, analyse and manage problems in order to identify and implement the appropriate solution, ensuring that the problem is fixed.
- Writing robust data pipeline code that can run unattended
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the 6-month Data Engineer contract the candidate must present evidence of the following -
- Proven working capability with python, unit testing (pytest) and pep8 standards
- Track record of writing robust data pipeline code that can run unattended
- Knowledge of Pandas data validation, manipulation, merging, joining and at times visualisation
- A track record of Unix environments, server health and management of ongoing running processes
- knowledge of Github, pull requests, CI and code review
- Logging and reporting pragmatically
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve numerical and technical problems
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills evidenced through verbal and written means to a wide range of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Agile delivery
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate or technical discipline or equivalent acquired knowledge
What's on Offer
The day rate for this contract is between £500 and £600 per day inside of IR35