- cutting edge technology
- involved with next gen connected, carbon neutral, electric cars.
About Our Client
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are re-imagining the future of modern luxury by design through our two distinct, British brands.
Our brands are steeped in a rich tapestry of timeless designs that resonate with people, creating an emotional attachment, an intimacy, that is truly unique on the global stage.
We will become a more agile creator of the world's most desirable luxury vehicles and services for the most discerning of customers. A strategy that is designed to create a new benchmark in environmental, societal and community impact for a luxury business.
Jaguar and Land Rover will offer pure electric power, nameplate by nameplate, by 2030.
It is our aim is to achieve net zero carbon emissions across our supply chain, products and operations by 2039.
As a Data Engineer your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Building data models for the complex databases, both relational SQL and NoSQL
- Working on streaming data pipelines for big data systems
- Supporting developers to utilise data pipelines and databases, sharing best practise
- Working collaboratively with our software development teams and Enterprise Architects to define sophisticated tools and techniques for building, testing, monitoring and maintaining data
- Monitoring and providing insight into the changing data storage and usage requirements for the Digital Development Centre to maintain integrity and security of the data
The Successful Applicant
We require a Data Engineer with a background / understanding of:
- Streaming technologies Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Beam, Apache Spark
- Working with Big Data sets and technologies
- Object orientated programming ideally in Java
- Database technologies IE,SQL (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j) database technologies
What's on Offer
This is an exciting time to Join our Digital Engineering Team in our Manchester office and you will be working on some of the latest cloud, Data and connected vehicle technology.
The role offers a Data Engineer an opportunity to work some amazing cutting edge tech.
In addition to flexible working and working from home, we also offer 20% of your working week dedicated to personal development relating to your work and also have a great benefits package available.
The role would be suitable for anybody in or around the Manchester location.
For more information or details on the application process contact me today.