- Join a successful, British multi-national software business
- Data Privacy Lawyer role offering clear routes for progression
About Our Client
A British multi-national focused on SaaS, this business is a market leader which is continuing to grow. This position offers the opportunity for development and progression internally. The role is based from the client's London offices (with flexible working offered).
This Data Privacy Lawyer role is based in London and sits with a software business (SaaS), it involves:
- The role also involves developing, implementing and maintaining procedures and processes to ensure compliance with data protection legal requirements.
- To draw on their expert knowledge of data protection laws and practice, particularly the EU General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Act 2018, for the provision of high quality and timely legal advice to various stakeholders within the business. For advice relating to jurisdictions outside of the UK, to handle such matters in conjunction with the VP Data Privacy and Data Protection and instructed external counsel where relevant.
* To help review and maintain the company's data privacy compliance framework maintained by the Legal Privacy Office, including the Personal Data Protection Policy and related procedures and guidance documentation, and develop new procedural and guidance materials.
* To help maintain privacy notices and data protection precedents, and to support other members of the wider Legal team on contract negotiation matters requiring subject matter expertise.
* To provide expert input in connection with: GDPR Article 30 records of processing activities, GDPR Data Protection Impact Assessments, the management of GDPR individual rights requests and privacy risk incidents, including personal data breaches.
* To support and guide the Legal Privacy Office Privacy Officer in their tasks, in particular, their monitoring of the Global Privacy mailbox.
* To contribute to the management of the data privacy operating model, including participation in Regional Privacy Meetings and support of the Regional Privacy Lead and Data Protection Champion networks, in addition to preparing the monthly Privacy Office Management Information Dashboard.
* To develop and deliver training and awareness materials to colleagues throughout the business together with the other members of the Legal Privacy Office.
The Successful Applicant
This Data Privacy Lawyer role is based in London and sits with a software business (SaaS), it requires:
- Qualified lawyer (2-5 years PQE*)
- Strong data protection legal knowledge combined with, at least, two years'* post qualification experience advising corporate organisations either in a private practice or in-house team.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast moving, complex and ever-changing environment.
- Strong communicator, able to explain complex and technical concepts to business colleagues in easy to understand and relevant terms.
- Ability to identify, focus and prioritise on key issues and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Practical / operational data protection experience not limited to contract review and negotiation.
* Secondment experience whilst in a private practice role.
* Experience of working on complex and long-term projects with multiple dimensions.
*PQE level for guidance only, candidates with more or less experience who meet with the role's technical requirements will be considered
What's on Offer
Flexible package depending on experience, desirable London based office, flexible working options and opportunities to progress internally. Please apply for full details.