Data Protection Manager
Join an international charity based in Surrey in a data protection role
Report to the Head of Legal and Compliance working across operations in the UK
About Our Client
A Surrey based charity which is international. This role will focus on the UK operations, working closely with the Head of Legal and Compliance and other key internal stakeholders. The business offers a friendly and collaborative working environment as well as flexible working options.
This Data Protection Manager role is based in Surrey and is responsible for:
Data Protection Manager to support compliance team with its data protection obligations. This role is vital to deliver and demonstrate our commitment to the protection of our supporter's data, and the data of those who engage with and work with us, as well as to the ICO. The Data Protection Manager will report to the Head of Legal & Compliance and work closely with key contacts across the organisation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To support data protection compliance programme. Working closely with the Head of Legal & Compliance you will ensure that the charity demonstrates compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the ICO and all relevant legislation, regulation and guidance.
- To advise the organisation on all matters involving personal data.
- To revise, roll out and implement policies and procedures to enable the charity to demonstrate compliance with its data protection requirements.
- To attend regular project planning and update meetings to advise on data protection and privacy by design considerations.
- To maintain the charity's data map.
- To own the data privacy impact assessment process and ensure assessments are carried out in a timely, accurate manner and used throughout the company's UK projects.
- To monitor and check data protection compliance working with others across the organisation and carrying out regular checks to identify issues and recommend and implement solutions.
- To deliver monthly and annual reporting, and keep and maintain record of data protection compliance activities.
- To devise and deliver training to support data protection compliance across the organisation.
- To update and maintain organisational guidelines and self-help tools.
To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
The Successful Applicant
This Data Protection Manager role is based in Surrey and requires:
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE
- Proven experience and knowledge of data protection compliance.
- Expert knowledge of the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, PECR and relevant legislation, regulation and guidance including that of the ICO.
- Experienced data privacy practitioner, ideally with a recognised practitioner or legal qualification.
- Experience working within the charitable or third sector desirable.
- Experience in engaging with regulators or government bodies is an advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to find creative solutions to enable and support the organisation.
- Great at building relationships, inspiring trust and confidence with a personable outlook.
- Strong implementation skills, including your rigour in development of, and adherence to, quality assurance frameworks.
- Strong analytical skills and ability of bringing a structure to complex problems.
- Ability to manage your own workload efficiently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
What's on Offer
Please get in touch for full details if you think that this role could be right for you.