Data Protection Officer/ Paralegal
Do you want to work in a modern office with a quirky vibe?
Are you looking for a role with variety?
About Our Client
Brands of all types take advantage of our clients services. Small and large, online only and multi-channel, consumer and B2B, own brand and multi-brand retailer, international and domestic. There is a wide range of business that my client takes on which means there will be alot of variety.
- Organise and maintain all files
- Drafting, research and submission of legal documents
- Manage incoming subpoenas, legal notices and other legal documents
- Ensure deadlines are met, questions are answered, and requests are addressed
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Subject matter will include commercial agreements, leases, employment issues, operations, and privacy
- Assistance with the implementation of a robust GDPR compliance program across all my clients brands in Europe
- Providing privacy updates to the local teams and reporting to head office in New York on an ad hoc basis.
- Will report to (sole) legal counsel
The Successful Applicant
* Qualifying law degree (or degree and Graduate Diploma in Law)
* Completion of Legal Practice Course
* Good knowledge and understanding of GDPR and international data protection/privacy legislation.
* Experience in a law firm and/or in-house
* previous exposure to commercial contracts; reviewing, drafting, negotiating (Preferable)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
What's on Offer
- Summer hours on offer
- Social get together in the office at the end of every Friday
- Discounted gym membership
- Fruit 3 times a week
- Funded night out once a month
- Excellent benefits package
- Permanent role
- competitive salary (dependent on experience)