Data Protection Paralegal
Immediately availalble and have data protection experience?
Worked in house on a legal team or data protection team?
About Our Client
Data Protection - an area of unprecedented importance to my client as it expands into new technologies, such as smart TVs, wearables and smart homes in a landscape of ongoing substantial regulatory change.
- Day to day data protection advice - advising HQ and Subsidiaries on data privacy; developing and implementing policies and guidelines on all data processing activities in line with data protection laws and supporting HQ, EO and the Subsidiaries with inquiries from national regulators on privacy issues.
- General Data Protection Regulation Compliance -
- Advising on the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Providing support to the Subsidiaries in relation to data subject's requests under the GDPR.
- Implementation of new and updated legal and business processes and procedures to ensure Samsung's compliance with GDPR.
- Reviewing and advising on Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Providing support with inquiries from regulators and customers on data privacy.
- Preparing legal agreements including Data Transfer Agreements and Data Processing Agreements.
- Assisting with the maintenance of Samsung's Record of Processing Activity.
- Attending meetings with key partners and external advisers, participating and recording minutes of the discussions.
- Researching ongoing developments with data protection law and preparing legal updates.
- Reporting to Head of Department Senior Management and HQ, where necessary.
- General admin tasks as are required by the management team.
- Collating Subsidiary feedback to HQ and DPO requests for information.
- Assistance with preparation of training materials/presentations.
- Ad-hoc project support.
The Successful Applicant
- A self-starter with a proactive approach to work;
- Attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly;
- Enthusiasm to be able to learn quickly;
- A team player;
- Highly literate in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Preferably have Data Protection experience;
- Knowledge of JIRA would be advantageous;
- Excellent organisational skills.
What's on Offer
Short term temp role