Data Protection Specialist
Opportunity to join a growing FTSE 250 company
Broad International Exposure
About Our Client
Elementis PLC is a FTSE 250 global specialty chemicals company that delivers Enhanced Performance Through Applied Innovation. As an organisation, it combines the ownership of high grade natural materials with its global asset base to serve customers in the Americas, Europe and Asia. The company is the market, technology and innovation leader in rheology modifiers and leading producer of chromium chemicals in the United States.
The group operates across four sectors, Coatings, Personal Care, Energy and Chromium and hold leading market positions in these. The business employs around 1,500 people at more than 25 locations.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the organisation's data privacy and document management systems.
- To monitor and maintain data management procedures and compliance to enable the organisation to operate in accordance with data protection legislation.
- Lead the development of all data mapping flows and registers across the organisation and provide advice on conducting on-going Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Coordinate investigations into any data protection breaches and security incidents.
- Be the main point of contact for all internal and external enquiries regarding data protection.
- Provide regular updates to the business, including the DPO's, executive leadership team, and Board.
- Coordinate on-going employee engagement and training on GDPR compliance, promoting awareness of privacy issues and data protection.
- Liaise and guide a global team of data protection champions.
- Travel overseas to investigate the other data maps abroad to make sure that they are compliant. (Around 6 business trips a year).
- Participate in the development and specification of Technology projects / changes ensuring data protection compliance.
The Successful Applicant
- Sound knowledge of European data protection laws and practices.
- Good knowledge of GDPR.
- Experience of working in a compliance role (3-5 years)
- Good working knowledge of software packages, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and document management packages, systems, procedures and protocols.
- Experience in managing projects / programmes across multi functions and geographies.
- Great communication skills - to be able to influence all teams within the organisation.
- Confident person who is able to communicate with senior members of the organisation.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Good attention to detail.
What's on Offer
- A highly competitive package
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Annual incentive plan
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Private medical insurance for employee and family
- Savings share option scheme