Work for a FTSE 10 Business
Opportunity to influence change
About Our Client
The Surrey based FTSE 10 client is a global leader in the oil and gas industry.
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for developing company A/B testing framework and test model quality whilst coordinating with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes. Responsibilities for Data Scientist include working with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions. You will assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques and develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets. The Data Scientist will also be expected to demonstrate incremental developments in data analysis/machine learning to the business.
The Successful Applicant
Possess an understanding of how to SPIKE and estimate stories is an essential requirement, as you will be part of an agile scrum team so duties will include attending daily scrum stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and planning meetings. The Data Scientist will work closely with all scrum team members, particularly the User Experience, Visual Design team members as well as Data Modeller/Engineers and Data Analysts. Responsibilities include contribution to the team, helping others in the team as and when required including testing with the client.
- Ability to assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques and develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Ability to demonstrate incremental developments in data analysis/machine learning
- Be cloud aware of AWS and Azure
- Have an excellent understanding of advanced analytics, analytic solutions on cloud platforms
- Worked on the deployment of cloud systems
- Possess Intelligent Data Management
- Possess a strong understanding of Jupyter Notebook and Python - should be able to demonstrate usages
- Ability to work with various project teams
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work in a FSTE 10 company.
Competitive Day Rate.