Play a key role in the fight against Covid using Data!
Improve your Data Science knowledge by working with highly complex data sets
About Our Client
My client is a Central Government department in the Health space for the Public Sector and Government industry.
The successful candidate for the Data Scientist contract role will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Work closely with Product Owners to define and prioritise business problems, and then validate high-value hypotheses for their solution.
- You will use your technical expertise to assess hypotheses using appropriate analytical methods and be able to communicate the implications of complex models. Using the insights from these models you will support operational teams
- Synthesise information from large and diverse data sets and deploy advanced statistical and machine learning methods to understand underlying drivers.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this 3-month Data Scientist contract the candidate must present evidence of the following -
- Working knowledge of Python and R are essential
- A track record of working in Epidemiology, Genomics or Public Health will be an advantage.
- A track record of working with data analysis and handling sensitive data
- A track record of working in Central Government on Data Science projects or policy led environments
- Proven communication skills & ability to build positive relationships
- Proven capability to drive out insights and problem solve
- Proven capability to work in a non-prescriptive setting, along with multi-disciplined teams
- Proven capability of working with ambiguity
- A track record of working with machine learning will be an advantage
What's on Offer
The day rate for this role is between £300 and £400 per day with an umbrella company, and is inside of IR35