- Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity?
- We have a fantastic permanent opportunity to work in Nottingham
About Our Client
ilke Homes has serious ambition, aiming to be the number one house builder within the next decade. These are no ordinary homes, built in a huge factory perfectly located in knaresborough just off junction 47 of the A1, using Modern Methods of Construction and the kind of technology applied in Formula One. They are also beautiful homes that help the environment, utilising the latest technology to make sure they are energy efficient and tread lightly on the planet.
All of which means ilke Homes is in a great position to help solve the UK's housing crisis, providing beautiful, sustainable and affordable homes, quicker and at no more cost than traditional builds. As a zero-carbon committed organisation, PageGroup is proud to be partnering ilke Homes with their major scale-up programme.
Now is the time to join this pioneering organisation, as they plan to recruit lots of new team members in the next year to support their growth plan.
The successful Decorator / Dryliner will be:
Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised business, we have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join our multi trade team. Working as a member of the Construction team you will have the capability to work on your own initiative, be flexible, be willing to travel, be able to work to tight deadlines and be committed to providing a high standard of Service.
The ilke Homes multi trade team are responsible for completing units once our product is delivered to site to enable handover in a quick, professional and effective manner, this will involve working on your own and managing your time, as well as assisting the team of individual trade operatives including but not limited to carpenter, plaster boarding/plasterer, painter & decorator and other multi trade operatives.
- Completing plots to an excellent standard within the required timescale, once handed over by the Ilke Homes Electrical and Plumbing operatives (post-commissioning)
- Ensuring all internal & external works are carried out in line with the Ilke Homes System Manual, and subsequently in accordance with Building Control regulations (NHBC)
- Daily reporting to offices for briefing, collection of tools, vehicle and materials
- Liaising closely with the Ilke Homes Site Manager on plot specific programmes
- Keeping daily status of plots entered and reporting weekly on the progress of each plot to the Ilke Homes Site Manager
- Working as part of a team of several multi trade operatives that specialise in carpentry, plastering, plaster boarding, painting & decorating
- Carry out a range of varied tasks from carpentry through the painting & decorating
- Works can also involve Mastic, drylining, cleaning, tiling, and all aspects of final snagging
- At times you will be required to work at our production site in Yorkshire when site programmes are slow
- Work in a safe manner within the boundaries of the Company Health & Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions
- You will also be working closely with clients and sub-contractors
- Please note you will be required to work away from home when the need arises
The Successful Applicant
ilke Homes is particularly interested in speaking with candidates who can demonstrate:
Qualifications & Training:
- CSCS Card
- Holds a current full driving licence
- Desirable but not essential to hold a current First Aid qualification
- Holds valid DBS check or is happy to have one done
- Desirable but not essential to hold a current MEWPS qualification
- Desirable but not essential to hold a current PASMA qualification
- Smart appearance and personable attitude
- Tradesman experience with a variety of skill sets including basic carpentry, plaster boarding, plastering, wall tiling, painting and decorating, basic electrician / basic plumbing (not essential)
- Experience working within the Building and Construction industry
- Desirable but not essential experience working within the modular building industry
- Will have proven experience and ability to work effectively with both internal departments and external client's
Qualities & Attitude:
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Excellent communications and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic for getting things the right 1st time
What's on Offer
If you are successful and join our team as a Decorator / Dryliner you would receive;
Excellent salary and great benefits package that includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, shopping discounts and a company pension scheme. High quality accommodation, with no room sharing and generous food allowance.
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information: PageGroup are ilke Homes exclusive recruitment partner for this vacancy and all applications, whether internal or external, will be forwarded to them. If you're successful, you may be subject to all or some of our client's standard pre-employment checks.