Exciting, newly created role due to organic growth.
Fantastic opportunity to take on a leadership role in an award winning business
About Our Client
A major part of INDOS' ongoing growth owes to its Private Equity & Real Estate Funds Depositary Operations team, located in its newly-opened offices in Fareham, and, as a result, the team is expanding.
INDOS is seeking a Depositary Supervisor to work as a number two to the Depositary Manager, ensuring INDOS fulfils its responsibilities under the depositary requirements of the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive (AIFMD). A fantastic opportunity to take on a leadership role, you will focus on INDOS' diverse range of private equity, real estate and debt-fund clients, including investment trusts listed on the London Stock Exchange, as well as UK and non-EU limited partnership and fund structures.
Reporting to the Depositary Manager and head of the Fareham office, you will be responsible for a host of client funds and performing reviews on those funds. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing fund valuations and accounts - in line with department-defined timelines and procedures - to ensure they have been completed accurately and in accordance with the fund documentation
- Maintaining asset registers and undertaking procedures to verify the fund's ownership of those assets
- Ensuring daily cash flow monitoring of fund bank accounts is undertaken
- Ensuring funds are compliant with key underlying fund documentation and any issues are identified, logged and resolved in a timely manner
- Reviewing drawdowns and distributions and ensuring the expected procedures have been followed
- Co-ordinating with fund administrators and investment managers to ensure the depositary duties can be undertaken and all necessary information is received in a timely manner
- Preparing periodic client and fund board reports
- Assisting with on-site visits to fund administrators and investments managers
- Working effectively within the team, but showing appropriate levels of initiative
- Facilitating open communication with depositary team members and client staff members to identify any potential issues/improvements
- Assisting the Depositary Manager with on-boarding of new clients and funds
- Supervising and assisting in the training and development of more junior staff
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally 3-5 years' fund accounting experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Experience of working in depositary, trustee or fund accounting of private equity or real estate funds
- Experience working with a portfolio of clients
- Experience of working effectively in a small team.
- Excellent communication and client service skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, other office applications.
- Fund accounting and pricing/ market data systems experience is an advantage.
What's on Offer
INDOS Financial provides a competitive base salary, discretionary annual bonus, plus a range of other benefits, including pension, personal health and dental cover, as well as a good work/life balance. A true meritocracy which supports its people, INDOS Financial also encourage staff who wish to pursue professional training and development.
INDOS Financial strives to deliver best-in-class services to all their clients and believe this is best achieved by building a team of high-calibre staff: individuals who are looking to work in a challenging and rewarding fund services environment. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.