Depot Manager - Parcels
Market leading global brand
Development and progression opportunities
About Our Client
My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are a global market leading brand who operate within the parcels industry.
The Depot Manager - Parcels in Swindon will be responsible for...
Health & Safety
- To provide focus and ownership to reduce total accidents in the operation.
- Ensure that regular health and safety reviews / assessments are undertaken in each area within the site and taking immediate action to rectify any issues.
- Take ownership of achievement of minimum standards as set out in the health and safety audit. Where accidents do occur, to take responsibility for ensuring completion of all associated investigation and documentation.
- To participate in health and safety committees as appropriate and ensure appropriate cascade of all relevant health and safety information to subordinates.
- Assist the network to meet/exceed service delivery commitments for all clients
- Ensure site adherence to linehaul departure times and freight connectivity through the linehaul network.
- Balance service delivery with cost to serve.
- Responsible for resource allocation and ensuring that volume and efficiency targets are realised.
- Ensure that the Site Operation delivers targeted or better against error performance for each unit.
- Address 'risk areas' and ensuring strong security controls and disciplines are maintained
- Develop a robust plan for 'peak' and critical activities across the site to ensure a high degree of flexibility and variable cost.
- Plans to be delivered on time and within budget whilst providing a contractual level of service.
- Challenge the "status quo", and review working practices to achieve ongoing business improvements, productivity, efficiency, utilisation and accountability.
- To successfully deliver change and ensure the Site Operational team works to achieve Company vision and core values.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure process, policy and legislative compliance in all activity throughout the Site.
Continuous 'Improvement Management'
- Develop and maintain the processes and a culture that seeks and delivers continuous improvement whilst ensuring consistency of operations.
- Involve colleagues at all levels to foster a challenge approach and to develop new initiatives.
- Champion 'O license' compliance and ensure all related site activities comply with Traffic Commissioners Requirements
- Responsibility for full corporate compliance audits within specialised area
- Actively coach and encourage site personnel to increase knowledge and understanding of site requirements
- Produce reports of identified problems and ensure site ops teams are aware of issues and improvements to be achieved
- Ensure that general administrative enquiries are dealt with effectively and that employees perform their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the company Transport policy
- Introduce 'best practice' at sites
- Contribute to the strategic development and direction of the business and take ownership for assigned programmes of work as determined by the business.
- Ensure that the Site Operation delivers targeted or 'better than cost per unit' performance.
- Remove inefficiencies from within the operation and react immediately to volume fluctuations to prevent higher unit cost.
* Contribute to the financial budgeting process as required.
The Successful Applicant
The Depot Manager - Parcels must have...
- Been a Depot Manager or Operations Manager within a parcels environment
- Previous experience managing a fleet of vehicles
- CPC Qualified
- Technical ability in all Operation disciplines including knowledge of all computerised operational packages
What's on Offer
The Depot Manager - Parcels will receive...
- A salary of up to £40,295
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- Progression and Development Opportunities