Leading UK Distributor
Full Site Responsibility + Great Package
About Our Client
I am currently recruiting for a Depot Manager for a leading UK Distributor based in Sheffield. With a large UK network, they are a dominant force within their sector.
Due to an internal promotion a role has arisen for a Logistics professional to take on a challenging whilst rewarding operation which holds a good reputation within both the internal National network and local area.
- Maximise the service, cost and quality performance of the distribution centre .
- Putting our Customers first and providing excellent Customer service.
- Ensure targets and KPI's are achieved, and where possible exceeded, through effective control, monitoring and review.
- Introduce and execute productivity improvement; promoting increased efficiencies and service and quality performance in the operation.
- Communicate, implement and maintain company policy and procedures throughout the service centre.
- Establish and deploy robust control mechanisms to facilitate all service centre spend in line with company procedure and agreed budgets.
- Develop and manage commercial relationships with customers and suppliers through the maintenance of service/product processes to deliver excellent customer service; promoting organic growth and reducing customer attrition.
- Participate in cross functional teams to identify and deploy pipeline improvements to underpin overall Company and business objectives.
- Lead colleagues through change activity by deploying and implementing positive communication plans.
The Successful Applicant
- Evident line management experience in production/logistics services environment to at least the same level of responsibility.
- Sound knowledge of performance management.
- Proven record of successful Customer interface and supplier management.
- Experience of managing a diverse workforce with particular emphasis on managing third party contractors.
- Experience of managing budgets in excess of £4m.
- Live within a commutable distance of Sheffield.
- A Logistics distribution and supply chain background, ideally as a Depot Manager (5 years +)
What's on Offer
- Basic salary of £50,000 - £55,000 DOE
- Circa. 10% performance bonus.
- Car Allowance / Company Car
- Generous Pension Contribution
- Other Employee Benefits.