Deputy Chief Operating Officer
Newly created role to deliver exceptional operational performance
Commercially lead for operational and regulatory compliance
About Our Client
My client is a regulated operator providing seamless connections between banks and building societies and their customers across the UK. They are an essential element of the UK's financial infrastructure providing a service to millions of consumers every week.
The organisation works within a regulated framework to acheive its core objectives of promoting innovation and competition to further the interests of consumers and businesses using the infrastucture.
The Deputy Chief Operating Officer (COO) reports to the COO.
The Deputy COO has responsibility for the management of all operational activities:
- Operations, including day to day management of the infrastructure provider and support of users
- Operational Assurance, including the oversight of the operations team, the infrastructure provider and users
- Information Security Management.
Operational management of the system with responsibility for ensuring operational performance 24/7 throughout the year in line with SLA and across the circa 2bn transactions each year.
Deputy for the COO on day-to-day matters.
In conjunction with the COO, support of the major re-procurement of a supply contract.
Other aspects of the role are:
- Delivery of innovation and development strategy from concept to execution.
- New member recruitment and applications.
- Oversight of the organisations brand protection.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Deputy Chief Operating Officer will assume the day to day management responsibilities of the COO across operations and compliance. With a strong commercial operational background, you will lead a team to manage Operational Assurance, the organisations Infrastructure, IT Security, Project Management and Supplier management.
The Deputy COO will be instrumental in managing critical senior external stakeholders across members and regulators.
Other essential aspects include;
- Successful track record in a regulated environment.
- Expertise in infrastructure procurement.
- Expertise in technology supplier relationship management.
- A highly credible leader with the stature and experience to operate at Board level and with the CXOs of all external customers, regulators, and other industry participants.
- Ability to confidently and expertly chair challenging cross-functional and industry committees of senior managers.
- Strong and proven line management skills.
- Strong and proven change management skills.
- Deep operational expertise.
- Proven major programme management skills in the technology space with delivery programmes with signification budgets.
- Strategic thinker with ability to navigate highly complex matters.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills.
- Personally robust and resilient and able to operate in a high pressure and fast moving environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic and package