Deputy Director of Advanced Analytics
Lead a crucial UK project to defeat Covid
Lead a team of Data & Statistician experts to deliver victory to the UK
About Our Client
My client is a central government health organisation within the Public Sector and Government industry.
The successful candidate for the Deputy Director of Advanced Analytics 3 month contract role at my clients site in London will fulfil the following responsibilities -
Lead a team of 10-15 or so data scientists, economists/econometricians, statisticians and analysts, who are focused on:
- Bringing advanced techniques across a range of disciplines to bear on pressing policy questions relating to concentrations of risk and the drivers of transmission
- Working closely with international, country, regional and sectoral teams to strengthen the analytic base underpinning assessment work
- Establishing and maintaining, together with public health experts and behavioural scientists in the department, a long-term research program to enhance the ability to answer upcoming policy questions
- Partnering with the broader analytical community including Contain and Enable programme and many other government departments.
- Building a transparent library of code documenting analysis undertaken to provide an audit trail for it, allowing others (including in other organisations) to replicate and build on the work, and to allow for the routine outputs to be created from it on the build side of the department.
- A very significant part of the role will comprise collaborating with key external stakeholders in multiple key areas of government to establish a coherent overall work program on Covid risks and to lead on specific projects. This element will be as important as providing leadership within the department.
- Contributing to the ongoing design and build of the department as it develops to Full Operating Capability.
- The Deputy Director Data will be a member of the organisations data community and will be required to work closely with the departments colleagues to ensure maximum collaboration and that learning can be shared across the department and wider public health and emergency response communities
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Deputy Director of Advanced Analytics 3 month contract must present evidence of the following -
- A proven track record of managing and leading large technical teams, demonstrating all competencies expected at SCS PB1
- A track record of working with complex data and information feeds within a relevant field (such as statistics, data science, biosecurity, health, or national security)
- A proven track record of leading a data analytics function
- Working knowledge of managing relationships with senior external stakeholders and establishing effective collaborations that make the whole more than the sum of the parts
- A track record of working with government ministers on fast paced projects.
- A track record of developing vetting and current strap clearances to enable you to handle sensitive intelligence should it arise will be a distinct advantage.
What's on Offer
This role will pay up to £1000 for an umbrella company option.