- Work for a London University
- Lead the finance team
About Our Client
Richmond University is a London University that offers both a US and UK accredited degree to it's students, the only institution to do so. Based across a Richmond and Kensington Campus, the University was established around 50 years ago and is now one of the leading liberal arts institutions in the UK, with students enrolled from more than 60 countries.
Richmond is a private not-for-profit university, working in partnership with the China Education Group, towards a new 2021 - 2026 strategic vision. This will focus on building on foundations of academic excellence and high-quality student support and look to develop the operations and performance of the university.
- Manage the team effectively and ensure appropriate induction, training and appraisal is in place
- Preparation of monthly reporting for presentation to University Board, Trustees and external stakeholders
- Lead University wide initiatives to review and improve processes
- Maintain accounting records, including all ledgers, with review and reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Responsibility of all aspects of working capital managing including the production of effective cash flow forecasts, that link to the mid-term plans for the University
- Ensure accuracy of the production of the monthly payroll and pensions records
- Deliver a student focused support service that delivers accurate student invoicing and appropriate student support and advice
- Ensure the implementation and operation of procedures that support excellent internal control and integrity of the accounting records
- Prepare statutory accounts of all university entities and liaise with auditors as necessary
- Prepare US tax and accounting returns
- Deputise for the CFO as required, and undertake appropriate special projects, as required
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified account (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and you will hold strong financial leadership experience. In addition, you will have worked closely with board level stakeholders, and you can demonstrate where you have built relationships and supported decision making. You will also have an understanding of how to manage and develop teams successfully.
What's on Offer
Salary up to £70,000 + Benefits, Including Private Healthcare
All applications will be reviewed and managed by Joe Harris at Michael Page - 07725036373