Deputy Director of Procurement
Exciting role within the NHS
Band 8b role
About Our Client
Our client is University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust. It runs Royal Stoke University Hospital, formerly run by the University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust and the County Hospital.
Key responsibilities for the Deputy Director of Procurement:
* Support the development and implementation strategy which ensures the most effective provision of Procurement and Supply Chain service to the Trusts
* Support the Procurement and E-Commerce processes and systems to ensure smooth and efficient processing of all purchasing requirements.
* Identify opportunities, deliver against the Trust's non-pay CIP Plans and act as the lead advisor on all procurement matters
* Manage and develop the Procurement Department staff ensuring individual professional development in line with departmental objectives
* Work closely with all national and regional procurement partner organisations ensuring the department's responsibilities are effectively discharged and membership objectives are delivered
* Work closely with Clinical and Non-Clinical Divisions across the client Trusts to ensure that Procurement delivers effective commercial/operational support.
* To manage self and workload in a way that ensures the continued support of others
The Successful Applicant
Essential experience required:
* Experience of leading on highly complex contract negotiations, including working with clinical teams, legal and partner organisations.
* Significant leadership/management experience of working in an environment where highly developed leadership and influencing skills are essential
* Proven contribution to the development of organisational business plans
* Development and implementation of an organisational procurement strategy
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or Master's degree
PUBLIC SECTOR IS NOT ESSENTIAL FOR THIS ROLE.
What's on Offer
Band 8B (up to £73,000) + Benefits