- Organisation undergoing transformation and change
- Exciting role engaging across the organisation with non finance mambers
About Our Client
My client is a single site hospital
- Responsible, with support from the Senior Finance Manager for the production of Service Line Reporting and Patient Level Costing Information to comply with NHS Improvement's Costing Transformation Programme and to address internal organisational reporting requirements.
- Responsible for planning, completion, ensuring review and submission of Costing returns to relevant external bodies, including (but not limited to) the Department of Health, NHS Improvement and Health Education England, complying with relevant costing standards, guidance and national timetables. This currently includes the annual Reference Costs, Education & Training Cost Collection and NHS Improvement submission but is expected to develop in line with Monitor's Transformation of Costing in the NHS programme.
- The postholder will interpret costing standards and costing guidance and apply to the Trust's operational, activity and cost information, utilising
- Management of one member of staff
- The successful individual will be required to convey financial concepts clearly and persuasively to clinicians and non-finance managers of all levels from front line staff to Board members. In particular, the post holder will have a close relationship with the Income & Contracts and Information teams.
- Engagement of clinicians, operational and managerial staff in understanding and utilising costing and service line reporting information to support the Trust's strategies and to identify clinical and financial variation. The postholder will be confident in delivering challenging messages and being challenged on highly complex information.
The Successful Applicant
- Highly experienced finance professional
- Must have advanced Excel skills to extract and manipulate activity, cost and income data from a number of different sources. The post holder will create complex spreadsheets and database objects and will utilise the organisation's costing system , and reporting tool(s) to provide Costing and Service Line Reporting information.
- The postholder will carry out ad hoc costings as required to support the Trust's strategies, business cases and developments
- Must be capable of planning and working independently
What's on Offer
£200 - £215 a day 6 month assignment, home working
Quote job ref
+44 121 634 6920