Established business in the Oil,Gas, Nuclear and Subsea Sector
Complex engineering product design
About Our Client
My client designs and manufactures various pumps and electric motors for the Energy, Oil & Gas, Nuclear and Subsea Sectors. They have a state of the art facility where manufacturing, assembly and design takes place. They have a global reputation for their products to be reliable and efficient. This is an outstanding opportunity for the Design Engineer to enhance their career and join a business with a product, allowing you to widen your skill set and knowledge. They are based in Bedfordshire. complex
The role requires the Design Engineer to deliver design solutions, from concept through to final design. Supporting both technical and design engineers in meeting their deliverables as well as managing and executing individually assigned tasks and projects.
Main Accountabilites and responsibilities:
- To contribute in resolving engineering issues.
- To be conversant with my clients product designs.
- To communicate with multi-disciplined individuals and teams associated with the engineering department.
- To develop and apply knowledge of company and customer engineering standards.
- To develop and apply knowledge of regulatory and statutory requirements.
- To develop and apply knowledge of the department policies and procedures.
- To develop and apply knowledge of tools associated with the design of my clients products (Software packages, calculation sheets, systems).
- To support senior engineers in achieving the deliverables of enquiries, contracts and projects.
- Promote new designs, materials and methods to improve product performance, schedule, quality and cost.
- Provide technical support to other departments and customers.
- Creation of engineering calculations and technical reports.
- Checking and creation of CAD models, assemblies, bills of materials and drawings.
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of Design for Manufacture and Assembly and Value Engineering techniques.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and Skills
- A relevant qualification in engineering.
- A proven track record in a similar role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, composition and grammar.
- Proficient mathematical skills, arithmetic, geometry, algebra and other computation tools that support engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using Solidworks 3D CAD package.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
- Knowledge with BS 8888 and the use of GD+T.
- Knowledge within the Oil+Gas / Power industries.
- Induction motor knowledge
- Knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge in the design of pressure vessels to ASME VIII, PED etc.
- Knowledge using CAD PDM software.
- Knowledge in using ERP systems preferably Epicor.
What's on Offer
An excellent package with a basic salary between £28,000 and £45,000.