Global Manufacturing organisation who develop their people
Great role for a grad or someone with 1-2 years post grad experience
About Our Client
My client are part of a global manufacturing business, who have a long established manufacturing base in South Wales.
As a Design Engineer the key elements of the role are the design and development of new and existing products for 2 of their product ranges, as well as liaising with internal, external suppliers and customers to ensure designs are fit for manufacture and purpose.
- Use 3D and 2D CAD software to Design and develop new and existing products
- Liaison with internal and external customers to ensure designs are fit for manufacture and purpose
- Ensure cost effective components are developed
- Maintain rationalisation and suppress variety in the product ranges wherever appropriate
- Keep up to date with new product developments and technologies
- Use of stress analysis techniques to optimise component design
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered as a Design Engineer you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally Degree qualified in Mechanical or Equivalent backed with relevant experience.
- My client will consider someone with relevant design experience or a graduate who is looking to get into design.
- Experienced in the use of Siemens NX CAD software, both solid modelling and Surfacing.
- Proven track record in design / drawing office activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, resilience, good time management skills.
- High Digital Quotient, including a good knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, MS project, etc).
- Experience in creating and maintaining Bills of Materials.
- Project management experience.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, pension, bonus and lots of opportunity to develop.