Established manufacturing group who continue to invest.
Be part of an established team
About Our Client
My client are a market leader in their field, who design and develop their own products on site. They continue to invest as they grow, now is a good time as a Design Engineer to be joining a business who look after and develop their people.
As a Design Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and implement new products and projects to agreed timescales, quality and budget.
- Support the business daily with model, drawing and BoM updates through control of engineering changes.
- To be part of a team to design, develop and implement new products to market, or support enhancements or changes to current products.
- Delivery of projects to agreed timescales, quality and budget.
- Meet expectations with requests for information or support (internal & external).
- Completion of engineering changes to agreed dates.
- Be active in terms of working around the site on new products or supporting current production issues.
- Preparation and amendment of costed BoMs.
The Successful Applicant
As a Design Engineer you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Industrial experience within a design-engineering role
- Proven record of accomplishment of new product development and introduction
- Ability to write technical reports
- AutoCAD Inventor, 2D/3D Cad systems
- Work alone or part of a project team
- Able to perform Engineering calculations
- Good understanding and application of engineering principles
- Proactive approach to all tasks
- Practically minded to manufacture prototypes and support production
- Enthusiasm for design engineering
What's on Offer
£28,000 to £38,000 dependant on experience, plus benefits and opportunity for development and progression.