Established manufacturing group who have just secured significant investment
Be part of the project team who are developing the new product
About Our Client
My client a global manufacturing organisation who are developing sustainable products, they have just secured funding to develop a new product.
As a Design Engineer you will be part of a new team being established in South Wales to take the latest product from an Advanced Engineering concept through the development stages to production.
- All design activities consistent with the product development
- Building on the initial concept design details.
- Developing design updates as necessary.
- BOM and drawing releases.
- Technical reviews and project design reviews.
- Support for purchasing in identifying and evaluating new suppliers.
- Support for Manufacturing for creation of prototype manufacturing facilities.
- Support for third party integrator installing product in trials.
- Participate in Customer discussions to progress business enquiries.
The Successful Applicant
As the Design Engineer you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- The likely successful candidate will have demonstrable experience gained in a design environment, ideally automotive.
- Knowledge of latest FEA techniques related to component optimisation
- Inventive nature with ability to conceive and develop novel product solutions
- Ability to function in a team of engineers across multiple/ global sites
- Experience/ working knowledge of CAD and project planning tools
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Capability to travel overseas for a period of up to two weeks
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, pension, bonus, flexi benefits.