New Design Engineer position; AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk Inventor 3D.
Days based Design Engineer in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield my client is a Design, Manufacturing and Installation business who make and supply heavy engineered products for a range of industries. Due to multiple large orders my client is now looking to add to its Design Team by recruiting a Design Engineer to be based in South Yorkshire.
Reporting into the Design Manager as the Design Engineer you will lease directly with clients and internal stakeholders to achieve project-specific design approvals, including attendance to design review meetings both internally and with clients as required.
- Provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings, ensuring drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols.
- Complete structure drawings for each assigned project using AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk Inventor 3D
- Maintain control of the drawings through Vault for each assigned project, liaising with Sales and Contracts departments as required.
- Calculate costs and apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to check feasibility of manufacture and construction of the product
- Production of Manufacturing lists for each assigned project.
- Liaise with contracts managers and site personnel to advise on construction installation technicalities.
- Liaise with production planning and manufacturing personnel to advise on fabrication details.
- Operate a safe working environment in line with company policies & procedures.
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by designers and make modifications to existing drawings.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the NEW position you will ideally have the following;
- Higher education in an design subject
- Autodesk Inventor (iLogic experience would be advantageous)
- Previous experience with Vault Pro would be highly advantageous
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organisational and decision-making skills is essential.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- First class planning & organisational skills.
- Good presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be an innovative thinker and commercially aware
- Must be willing to develop interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be computer literate particularly in Microsoft Excel and Word and Engineering software packages for which further training will be provided.
What's on Offer
Salary is £28,000 to £35,000.