- Well Established Manufacturing Company
- Senior Management Role
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leading organisation manufacturing a bespoke range of products for for aerospace and defence market sectors.
This role reports to the Head of Technical for a specific class of products, managing the design engineering process for a highly specialised product set. They provide the highest level of engineering subject matter expertise to drive forward product development and innovation. They deeply understand how all aspects of design for their product set meets customer need, regulatory requirement and the commercial requirements of the business. Tight product alignment enables them to develop and innovate at pace.
· Manages a single product category, providing the highest level of design engineering subject matter expertise within individual contract terms or service level agreements. Will also plan, coordinate and supervise activities relating to major contracts
· Identifies shortcomings in existing product design or use, then suggests and implements improvements while developing and delivering product roadmap changes and new product development within the NPD and change management process
· Manages the knowledge management system with guidance from senior colleagues, including contributing to the development of the system
· Uncovers emerging design, quality, safety and operational issues or needs. Identifies potential causes, barriers and key stakeholders as well as related issues
· Develops procedures and interprets and applies policy and regulatory requirements to own product area, ensuring product set keeps pace with / sets the pace for compliance and best practice. Monitors impact of product developments, ensuring design remains commercially successful
· Analyses and evaluates the feasibility and relevance of proposed complex products and services, making recommendations for development, replacement or retirement. May be responsible for supervising activities performed by other members of the team in service of overall product development
· Manages a portfolio of change projects while reporting to senior colleagues
· Recommends changes to policies, processes, standards and practices that would improve operational support
· Identifies and evaluates complex, expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business and customer need
· Contributes positively to creating an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work
· Understands, upholds and contributes to creating a safety-first culture within the company
· Develops own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gains or maintains external professional
accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfil personal potential. Maintains an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media
The Successful Applicant
- Needs to have strong mechanical design background, with a degree or equivalent in a mechanical related engineering discipline.
-Strong man management and leadership skills.
- Needs to have a strong design pedigree and be able to teach and mentor junior members of the team
System level Engineering knowledge
- Knowledge of Model based systems engineering would be beneficial
- Innovation and improvement mentality
- Product Safety Training and risk based analysis would be of benefit· Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
· Optimises work processes - knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
· Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
· Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
· Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
· Communicates effectively - develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
What's on Offer
£45,000 to £50,000 plus benefits and flexible working.