Design Engineering Manager
Senior Management Role
Growing Manufacturing Company
About Our Client
Our client is a growing aerospace & defence manufacturing company in Cheshire.
You will be responsible for leading the new product design and development team of this growing aerospace & defence manufacturing company
- Delivering new products and systems.
- managing a new product design and development team
- Ensuring the seamless transfer of new projects into production
- Developing productive key stakeholder relationships
- Driving internal and external collaboration
- Fostering and developing team spirit
- Developing departmental strategy in line with company strategy and objectives
- Designing and implementing a world-class process to manage a wide range of projects once designed as they move through the business into development and production
- Leading and managing a talented multi-disciplinary team to create, launch and support industry leading products
- Supporting the embedding and growth of company and departmental culture whilst we continue our rapid growth
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience of successful new product development and design engineering within aerospace / defence manufacturing
- You will ideally be from an aerospace / defence manufacturing background
- A proven track record in a supervisory or managerial role within this exact field
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experienced and confident user of design software.
- Experienced and confident in technical procedures and documentation, such as FEA, FMEA, tolerance stack analysis and mechanical testing
- Familiar with innovative product development processes
- A history of successfully managing people and resources to deliver on engineering programmes, or alternatively a clear capability to step up into a senior role having managed a small team.
- Demonstrable success in managing complex projects, generating data for a mixed set of stakeholders and meeting all their needs
- A 'can-do', we can achieve anything mindset
- You must be degree qualified, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits