- Progressive Contractor delivering excellent schemes
- The chance to have owenership of the Design across 2 schemes
About Our Client
The company are an SME Contractor with a young and ambitious team who predominantly specialise in the Residential and Student Accommodation markets. They offer a personal and honest approach to construction and have built up some excellent relationships within the industry ensuring they have repeat business and an excellent flow of work. It is for this reason they are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join their delivery team as they continue their expansion.
As Design Manager you will show initiative and ambition to manage your own projects with support from the senior leadership team.
- Reporting into the Project Director you will take the lead on 2 schemes. Both are Residential with one being a full new build and the other containing elements of restoration of a listed building.
- You will manage the consultant Design Team ensuring the client brief is delivered to an exceptional standard.
- You will be client facing, to report on progress and ensure any issues or amendments are carried out to a high standard.
- Oversee the design & technical coordination on site to ensure a timely delivery to handover.
- When necessary you will be involved on the early stages of projects in tendering and consultant appointments.
- You will work closely with the Pre-Construction manager and commercial teams to ensure build-ability and value engineering opportunities are seized.
The Successful Applicant
As a strong candidate for the Design Manager position you will demonstrate:
- Design Manager experience within a Main Contractor setting is ideal.
- RC frame and large scale construction project experience is key.
- Based within easy commuting distance of London.
- Ambitious and forward thinking.
- Able to lead and run multiple schemes at once.
What's on Offer
The Design Manager will receive:
- Base Salary between £55-75,000 + benefits
- A family and friendly environment without the red tape of a large plc.
- Opportunities to progress and grow with the company.
- The chance to run projects.