Subject to project sign-off this will be a newly created Design Manager role
Opporutnity to manage the day-to-day on a residential led scheme
About Our Client
This construction firm has a successful residential sector team with a track record of innovation and creative problem solving across high profile and complex projects. They work collaboratively across the organisation and place an emphasis on identifying and solving potential risks early. As a result of potential new projects they will have a new requirement in the design team once sign-off is secured.
As the Design Manager you will report to a Senior Design Manager in the team, but your role will be to take day-to-day responsibility for a residential-led project in London. You will be responsible for liaising with the client, developing the design and leading the design team (some tender and appointment work may be necessary), and ultimately overseeing design integrity during the build phase.
The Successful Applicant
As a strong applicant for this Design Manager role you will:
- Possess a relevant industry qualification (e.g. RIBA, ICE, MCIOB);
- Show excellent technical knowledge of design and building regulations for residential developments;
- Ideally have worked on large (500+) unit projects and you must have RC frame construction experience;
- Demonstrate a background in leading projects from stage 3 to completion;
- Have a track record of managing external relationships, ideally from a lead role within a Design Team.
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful Design Manager will be between £50,000-£60,000 + benefits which include bonus, pension, private medical, and 25 days annual leave. This role is London based and whilst working from home is possible the role will require you to be site based more often than not, especially during construction.
NB: this role will be confirmed live during September subject to the project sign-off.