- A permanent role offering majority home working with occasional team meetings
- Offering up to £37,200 with a study support package also available
About Our Client
Our client has been in operation for over 20 years and offers a broad range of services to help improve the lives of those living locally. They don't just pride themselves on finding nice homes, but also offer a unique mix of support options that are tailored. They have a number of ambitious plans over the next five years and with that are looking to hire customer centric and ambitious professionals to join their business across the board
Job DescriptionThe key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to;
- Provide finance partnership support to the development team to manage the budget and forecasts for the development programme from appraisal through to delivery and management within the agreed business plan resource.
- Maintain accurate records of all capital grants including reporting to ensure maximisation of grant usage within time.
- Carry out financial appraisal support of proposed development schemes and to provide monitoring information for reporting purposes.
- Support the development team to provide cash flow forecasts for all group schemes.
- Financial reporting including cash flows to leadership and to the finance team on progress against schemes and forecasts including providing information for regulatory returns.
- Completion of role-specific management and financial accounts input in accordance with timetables and ensure all transactions are accounted for in line with accounting standards.
- To be responsible for the asset register maintenance ensuring it is up to date, accurate and fully reconciled with supporting systems.
- Completion of one-off projects in accordance with agreed timescales to support the business.
- To identify system improvements and implement new systems ensuring these benefit the group.
- To provide and support in the accounting reporting requirements for subsidiaries.
- Take a lead role for development and fixed assets schedules in the annual financial accounts and liaise with internal/external auditors as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful ApplicantThe successful candidate must possess the following;
- Cost accounting experience and the ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data
- Experience within a Housing Association Development or Commercial Property Development space;
- Exposure to Capital grant monitoring and maximisation
- Management reporting, including detailed cost/price variance analysis to budget, efficiency/capacity reporting, budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Developing financial awareness of contract managers.
- Up to date knowledge of accountancy standards and methodology
- Extensive knowledge of office applications to the advanced level including detailed formula's pivot tables, look-ups and report writing
What's on Offer
What's on OfferOn offer to the candidate;
- A permanent, full-time opportunity offering huge flexibility with majority home working and very occasional requirement to attend team meetings in the office;
- Up to £37,200 per annum;
- Great team culture and a varied role within the Housing Sector.