- The opportunity to join a team with a great culture and work ethic
- You will be joining an organisation going through rapid growth and development
About Our Client
My client is a Local Authority based in Leicestershire with sound financial footing, and it is looking secure this footing further, whilst simultaneously improving their services. They have ambitious plans to improve their already green borough, encourage businesses, both new and established to work in in the borough, and improve the lives of their communities.
The main responsibilities of the Development Control Manager are:
- Professional responsibility for the management of the Development Control Team
- Responsible for the supervision of Development Control Team staff
- To allocate planning applications, planning appeals, public enquiries and other work streams to individual Development Control Officers and also to task the Planning Enforcement Officer and Arboricultural Officer - all having regard to their current and foreseeable workload. To monitor that workload and to adjust as necessary.
- To act as Case Officer in administering major and more complex planning applications and comparable matters, including to prepare evidence and represent the Council at planning appeals and public enquiries
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will need to be a strong leader with experience of working in a development control environment. You will have a sound understanding of Planning Legislation, Regulations and Government Guidance and the ability to apply this knowledge to the role.
What's on Offer
The salary on offer to the successful candidate is starting at £39k, a generous pension contribution and flexible working arrangements.