Development Design Engineer
UK Top 10 Housebuilder.
Excellent Development Opportunities.
About Our Client
Our client are a UK Top 10 housebuilder looking to add to their expanding team. They are considered a forward thinking housebuilder with excellent development systems which has propelled them to being one of the largest housebuilders in the UK and a nationally recognised brand.
Land acquisition stage;
- Provide technical input to highway/drainage schemes including schematic design, drawing production and technical report writing.
- Commission topographical surveys to be undertaken.
- Undertake site visits as required
- Obtain existing drainage plans from UU and ensure existing IL's are accurately recorded in MH Record Sheets following site visit.
- Attend internal and external Project Progress meetings, as required
- Support Development Director, Associate Development Director and Development Engineer during the production of constraints plan.
- Provide input to P&D Department prior to their production of sketch layouts
- Provide input to Development Strategies
Detailed Design Stage (DCO)
- Liaise with P&D Department prior to their production of cad layout in order a cost effective layout is produced.
- Produce all civil engineering working drawings including drainage layout, Longitudinal Sections, Setting Out, Plot Drainage, External Works in accordance with company standards.
- Produce foundation zoning plans and preliminary 1:50 foundation plans informed by way of Geo-environmental reports, remediation / enabling strategy and internal Development Strategy
- Issue drawings to Development Managers to agreed timescale in order they can issue to all internal Departments.
- Manage Engineering section of the Drawing Register
- Produce standard details as required.
- Produce site specific details as required.
- Liaise with Local Authority Highways Department, LLFA and United Utilities to ensure all designs comply with S104 and S38 Standards.
- Upon receipt of technical approvals inform Development Managers in order early start cheques can be raised.
- Instruct and support Legal Department in the production of S104/278/38 Agreements.
- Liaise with site managers during construction period.
- Liaise with sub-consultants and external parties as required.
- Ensure technical content produced is implemented out on site.
- Commission as built topographical surveys
- Support Site Engineer in order the road and sewers are placed on maintenance and subsequently adopted.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Demonstrable experience in highways and/or drainage design at conceptual, preliminary and detailed design stages.
- Excellent technical and communication skill.
- Awareness of H&S Legislation and the CDM Regulations.
- Experience in use of software such as AutoCAD, PDS, WinDES, and the Microsoft Office Suite of programmes.
- Demonstrable application of the relevant design standards (e.g. Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations, Traffic Signs Manual, Sewers for Adoption)
What's on Offer
- Up to £50,000 basic.
- Excellent career opportunities.