- Expanding developer who champion Innovation and Sustainability.
- MM-C and MM-Working - flexible across home and office to suit.
About Our Client
MMC developer with serious ambition, aiming to be the number one house builder within the next decade. Having established and consolidated with 4 regional offices, they are now embarking on a serious phase of growth providing homes to both the affordable and open market.
Focusing on the modular branch of MMC they are committed to sustainability, and champion technological innovation in to achieve not just carbon neutral status, but be zero-carbon. They are leaders too in their flexible approach to meeting growing demand for agile working and recognise the importance or work/life balance.
Having secured serious investment from big hitters in the industry, their growth potential is unrivalled as too would be your career trajectory.
The Development Manager will form a key part of the National Partnerships team and play a critical role in progressing client led opportunities, namely homes only or turn key. In essence this is a land and development role and you'll be involved holistically from initial client through to pre-start meetings.
- You'll liaise closely with relevant Design, Commercial, Technical and Build teams to manage and prepare bidding and contract documents and to bring the relevant Build Contracts/JCT's to a point of exchange.
- Knowing how to interpret an SI, you'll ensure prospective sites' constraints are mitigated and opportunities maximised across planning, civil engineering and architecture.
- You'll ensure planning requirements are met and that proposed schemes are commercially viable.
- You'll assume responsibility to ensure that project assumptions/information in the contract particulars are deliverable,viable and priced appropriately by the Commercial teams prior to entering into contract.
In addition to working on "immediate" opportunities, you'll have the freedom and flexibility to negotiate and secure partnerships, predominately through pubsec delivery frameworks (notably Homes England). This will likely involve the above with a "higher-level"/"broader" overview and require you to assess a frameworks potential for investment and ultimately secure a viable exit party.
N.B. full JD with key activities can be supplied upon request.
The Successful Applicant
If you have a precon background within volume residential development, and an interest in a broader role you'll be great!!! A "speciaility" as such isn't mandatory although good preconstruction experience is, meaning you will likely have a land/planning/technical background with a keen interest in preconstruction holistically. They are particularly interested in speaking with candidates who can demonstrate:
- A successful career to date within residential development, either house builder or registered provider.
- Clear communication and excellent organisation are a must as you will be pulling together information from a range of people in different areas.
- A balanced approach, combining the aspirations of clients as well requirements of the business, providing transparent and balanced development proposals.
- Excellent coordinating and reporting skills, be adaptable and able to identify risk and opportunity with a keen understanding of development viability and management.
What's on Offer
This is big role with a big package whereby you'll receive a starting salary of up to £55k with package including £6k car allowance and 20% bonus potential, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, private pension scheme. You will enjoy hybrid working from both home and the office, currently hubbed from Tamworth.
This role will operate nationally with a focus across the Midlands and NHC, and as such you will live in either the West/East Midlands or throughout the Northern Home Counties/M4 corridor