Development Project Manager - Leisure/Retail sector
Private Equity backed business and it's the fastest growing company in leisure.
The client is aiming to double in head count in the next 12 months.
About Our Client
Our client is Private Equity backed and is already the UK's largest and fastest growing company within their "retail/leisure" sector. It has plans to open in excess of 400 sites in the next 5 years and will be expanding internationally in the near future. Over the past financial year their revenue and profit has had double digit growth.
Due to this expansion they are looking to hire multiple Development Project Managers who will be based in London and initially focus on the South East/South regions.
- Assessing the high-level feasibility of potential new sites prior to acquisition.
- Ensuring all budgets and capex investments are appropriately approved and expenditure is tracked and reported in line with Finance requirements.
- Providing the appropriate technical evaluation of each site and corresponding development requirements.
- Ensuring effective delivery of each development site, from initial acquisition through to opening, delivering the required project outcomes on time, to cost and quality requirements, including all documentation and handover requirements.
- Providing appropriate decision making at key stages in the property development process.
- Ensuring approvals and consents are in place through effectively liaising with landlords and local authorities.
- Management of all 3rd parties and associated dependencies involved in the development project.
- Ensuring consistent delivery of every new and refurbished site through adherence to agreed format and design standards.
- Optimising the value of each site project through the utilisation of procurement outcomes.
- Input into the continuous improvement of design standards.
- Ensuring health and safety requirements are being observed and adhered to throughout the development process.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered you must demonstrate the ability of delivering multi-site property developments and have experience of managing capex budgets in excess of £1m per project.
You will be involved from early feasibility stages so you must have previously worked on the entire development life cycle, including the appointment and management of external consultant teams and main contractors.
You will ideally have worked for either a building consultancy business in a PM/DM function or have worked for a fast operating hospitality/leisure business delivering projects from inception through to completion.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and good benefits package.