DevOps Engineer - Platform Support
Growing financial services business with a global reach
Highly visible role internally
About Our Client
My client is a regulated international financial services company, providing institutional, private and retail clients with high quality investment opportunities. Owned and based in the Middle East they also have offices in Europe and Asia, where market experts offer wealth and asset management, capital market and trading services.
DevOps Engineer - Platform Support
- Support, Monitor, Enhance and Operate Retail and Institutional Financial Trading platforms and other in-house applications.
- Manage Service Delivery under ITIL service delivery and incident management procedures. Follow escalation procedures where necessary.
- Working closely with the in-house Development and QA teams to bridge gap with the Business and Front Office.
- Applying and/or Co-coordinating new changes and updates/patches/releases to Applications.
- Administer and enhance monitoring tools/solutions to ensure applications are available and operating efficiently. Any outages are promptly identified, and any on-going risks addressed promptly.
- Create and implement automated scripts to standardise regular routine activities and checks on a day to day basis.
- Assist line manager in identifying gaps and providing temporary and permanent fixes on existing support and service management framework.
- Assist line manager in creating automated tools and scripts to make the most out of available infrastructure (back end optimisation)
- Provide on site and remote support to users where that is required
- Ability to troubleshoot both trading and core applications as well as niche applications where those are required end to end.
- Quick learner, multitask and adapt easily to all environments with very keen interest in and ability to learn new technologies.
- Provide support out of hours and on call
The Successful Applicant
- BSc IT, Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- Supporting experience with Windows and Linux based applications.
- Supporting experience with Windows and Linux servers in vitalised and CLOUD environments as well as bare-metal.
- Development/Scripting experience in any of C++, C#, Java, Python, PowerShell, Ruby etc preferred.
- Experience/Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Docker, Bamboo, Terraform, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Kibana etc.
- At least 6 years of experience in user support/management, working with multi-cultural/multinational environment.
- Previous experience with supporting Low Latency high frequency environments infrastructure an added advantage
- PostgreSQL experience and exposure an advantage
- Exposure working with Heterogeneous database technologies.
- Cloud technologies knowledge and exposure preferred
- Experience in supporting Forex and Equity trading Applications and Platforms is an added advantage.
- ITIL Foundation certificate, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Systems & Security certifications and any further IT accreditation's are a strong advantage to the right candidate.
What's on Offer
The Successful DevOps Engineer - Platform Support candidate will receive compensation in the region of £65,000 to £70,000 pro-rata. The full compensation package is being finalised. Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams and on boarding and early weeks of work will most certainly be remote. That said, there is a possibility of working from the London office from Spring 2021 to the end of the contract. Please only apply if you are able to work in the office at short notice.