Digital Communications Officer
Exciting part-time digital communications role
Spread engaging community stories via digital channels
About Our Client
The National Lottery Community Fund is the largest community funder in the UK and awards money raised by National Lottery players to communities across the UK. At the heart of everything The National Lottery Community Fund does is the belief that when people are in the lead, communities thrive and the organisation works with the smallest of grassroots groups right up to large UK-wide charities to help make that happen.
The key responsibilities for this Digital Communications Officer, who will be based close to Chancery Lane in London, are:
- Strong social media management, strategy and analytics.
- Practical knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram and the ability to produce informative and creative social media content.
- Writing long form web content and Electronic Direct Mail content, plus human interest features.
- Using a Smartphone/Digital camera to film short video clips & take photos.
- Working closely with the team to plan, design and produce impactful, digital-first communications.
- Driving improvements across all digital channels: web, social media and e-newsletters.
- Reporting on relevant metrics.
- Working effectively with a wide range of people, at all levels.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Digital Communications Officer will have:
- First-hand experience with a broad digital channel mix, with web and social media as essential and enewsletters as highly desirable.
- Experience using Content Management systems.
- An understanding of html and experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience applying SEO principles to website content.
- Experience managing paid campaigns (Facebook, Google Ads) is a plus.
What's on Offer
This Digital Communications Officer role is a part time role (3 days a week) 15 month contract. The position offers best in class benefits and an annual salary ranging from £25,000 - £27,622 per annum (pro rata as part-time). Open to candidates from all backgrounds. Not for Profit and Charities experience is not essential.