- My client is a global FMCG company launching their new eCommerce proposition.
- This new role will define and deliver the digital and eCommerce strategy.
About Our Client
The client is a multi-national FMCG company.
The key responsibilities for the Digital & eCommerce Project Manager are:
- Develop and project manage the Digital and eCommerce programme of work including delivering on the project operating plan according to objectives and approach, defining activities, timing, responsibility for the different streams highlighting milestones and deliverables.
- Cascade the Digital and eCommerce project plan for the multiple streams both internally and externally as well as lead on change management initiatives.
- Project managing the implementation of a new CRM system and new functions across eCommerce function.
- Introducing new technologies to the business whilst delivering the global initiative.
- Coordinate the project streams, guaranteeing the correct implementation of the project plan and of the different project phases.
- Complete requirements gathering, gap analysis, business prioritisation and impact assessments.
- Facilitate the required change management to move from project to process.
- Provides a monthly consolidation of information vs budget / plans, giving visibility to all stakeholders involved.
- Influence using different methodologies and implementing new ways of working
The Successful Applicant
The successful Digital & eCommerce Project Manager will have:
- Ecommerce business background in either retail or manufacturing.
- Exposure to d2c creation from a e-com perspective would be beneficial.
- Managed Stakeholder engagement through digital and eCommerce change
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with change management, re-platforming and new service delivery.
- Project management tools & methodologies (eg. AGILE, PRINCE2, SCRUM, Jira).
What's on Offer
Annual salary £68,000 + £7000 car allowance
Hybrid working from West London