Director of Corporate Resources
*Exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's largest housing organisations
*Key member of the Executive Leadership Team
About Our Client
Nottingham City Homes (NCH) is a highly respected group of companies, providing a range of services across 27,500 homes. As well as managing and maintaining all the Council housing in the city, they have an ambitious new build programme, own and manage their own homes and provide services to other property owners.
In 2018 Nottingham City Homes were awarded the accolade of being named the UK Landlord of the Year, largely because of their ethos of putting tenants at the heart of all they do, determined not to rest on their laurels they are always looking for ways to improve.
Nottingham City Homes overall vision is to be a great place to work, with a clear sense of direction shared by all and an ambition to succeed on behalf of their customers. As a truly values driven organisation, the following values define the way they work, who they are as an organisation and shape the services they provide:
- Passionate about delivering outstanding services
- Respecting people (colleagues, customers & communities)
- Always looking to improve
- Providing great value for money
- Effective team working internally and with customers and partners.
The new Director of Corporate Services will play a key role leading NCH into the future. They will be responsible for best use of the organisation's resources and transforming companywide business practices. They will lead us forward, driving our response to the challenges we face:
Planning for the future, preparing the new corporate business plan
- Providing financial leadership to target priorities, deliver Value for Money, and support the success of commercial services
- Making the best use of digital technology to improve customer services and reduce operational costs
- Planning for, recruiting and developing a local workforce which best meets future needs,
- Supporting Board Members to ensure great governance across the organisation
- Managing the relationship with Nottingham City Council, making the most of opportunities arising from a new 30-year Partnership Agreement
- Revitalising NCH's approach to risk management, keeping Health and Safety compliance at the fore
- Modernising communications with tenants and all stakeholders, internally and externally
NCH have some passionate, amazing and committed people across the whole of corporate services and require an inspirational leader who can engage, motivate and get the very best out of colleagues by bringing the values and culture to life. In return, this represents a fantastic opportunity to shape services for the future and make a genuine, lasting difference to people's lives.
This is a broad and challenging role, you will be accountable for all the functions within Corporate Services, putting tenants' needs at the heart of everything you do whilst ensuring a 'best in class' range of services. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of excellence within Corporate Resources, motivating colleagues to be creative, innovative and seek best practises from elsewhere
- Advise NCH's boards on strategy, policy and development across all Corporate Resources, including annual and medium-term financial planning
- Visibly lead best practice staff engagement, creating a positive work environment, inspiring colleagues to perform to the best of their abilities
- Overall responsibility for the Company's financial resources and departmental budgets, ensuring resources are well managed, targeted on meeting priorities and always delivering value for money
- Develop NCH's corporate administration, ensuring company-wide policies, procedures and systems are fit for the future and consistently applied across the organisation
- Support Board members to ensure effective governance across the Group, ensuring compliance with all legal requirements and financial regulations.
- Work collegiately across the organisation to ensure joined up service development and delivery.
- Develop excellent working relationships with Nottingham City Council and other partners, actively seeking new opportunities.
- Acting as an ambassador for both NCH and Nottingham City, helping maintain their excellent reputation
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be passionate, self-driven and forward-thinking with proven ability to successfully lead multi-disciplinary teams at a senior level, ideally including a mix of Corporate services functions and be able to demonstrate:
Proven leadership skills able to motivate and inspire others
- A collaborative and supportive management style with a strong emphasis on employee engagement
- Significant experience of successful financial leadership, managing a large-scale organisation's financial resources including capital projects
- First class influencing and communication skills, able to engage at all levels and be a true ambassador.
- Ability to inspire and foster a team-oriented environment, empathetic and a real people person, committed to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Track record of delivering results, transformational change and continuous improvement.
- Experience of planning, managing and effectively executing complex projects.
- Relevant degree or professional finance qualification or a track record of delivering high quality corporate services
- A capacity for organising corporate administration effectively
- Empathy and personal commitment to the value of social housing and tenant involvement
- Strategic understanding, ability to make clear decisions around complex issues
- Creative and innovative, encourages fresh thinking and challenges the norm to best meet identified priorities
What's on Offer
Six figures, plus benefits.